Where is ACE-PUTOR Located?
The Centre is located within the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria which is about 15 Kilometers North-West of Port Harcourt.
What programmes titles are offered at the Centre?
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Environmental health
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Environmental toxicology
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Nutritional Biochemistry/ Toxicology
- MSC Midwifery/Child Health Nursing
How do I submit my application?
Applications may either be submitted online via www.aceputoruniport.edu.ng or offline at the administrative office of the Centre.
What are the application deadlines?
Application deadline for the current session is March 13, 2020.
Can I undertake a Part Time study at the Centre?
Yes. For PhD Programmes, options available are: Full time – three years (minimum), Part-time – Five years (minimum). Nevertheless, Full-time admission is offered only to candidates who can satisfy PUTOR and the School of Graduate Studies that they are not in any employment, or that they have been relieved by their employers to undertake full-time studies.
What are the programme requirements?
Candidates admitted into any of the PhD programme should have:
- Successfully completed a relevant Masters’ degree with a CGPA of not less than 4.0 on 5.0-point scale
- Presented a statement of purpose which should also contain the proposal for the research he or she is intending to undertake
- Provide two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from an employer or supervisor and the other from the university where the candidate obtained the master’s degree
- Be found suitable for admission after an interview by the Postgraduate Degree Committee of the Faculty
- Candidates with master’s degrees in food science and technology, food microbiology and other related courses may apply for the PhD in nutritional biochemistry/ toxicology:
- Each candidate for the PhD programme shall be assigned at least 2 supervisors who have researched and published extensively in the candidate’s intending area of research. The main supervisor shall take the lead in providing direction for the research
- The candidate shall be provided a pathway which shows an interactive timeline of his or her key progression milestone specific to the research programme. Candidates who have an interruption, extension or changed their milestones would need to update their new progression milestone deadlines with the Postgraduate Committee in the department.